Wednesday 30 March 2011

In search of GOOD music? Check out www.bandcamp.com

I'm always in search of good music. What is good music you ask? Not sure what it means to you. To me, there's no formula that makes a song or artist grab my attention. I just know what I like when it hits my ear.

I can tell what I don't like and that is about 90 percent of the music that is played over and over until I sometimes think about ejecting myself from my car into oncoming traffic.

Enter Bandcamp




This site is packed with independent, unsigned geniuses hiding safely away from the wack, soul-draining Pop radio stations. I don't hate Pop, I just can't stand how stations play songs over and over again. If Rihanna's "S&M" song were a human it would be a beaten, cracked-out, violated, shell-of-a-man laying on an abandon street.

Type in whatever you are thinking... Go ahead -> "hip-hop", "Reggae", "Rock", "DubStep", etc. Whatever you type results in an endless list of shit-you've-never-heard-before wicked music. HEAVEN!

I typed in "MPC beats"... I randomly picked an artist by the name Admin PaYne. Next thing I know I was banging my head to his beat tape titled "20 Beats in 20 Days!"

Check out www.bandcamp.com - it's beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment